Looking to make the most out of your University experience? Want to make a difference in the community? To meet a fantastic group of friends you can call your family? Join the CU-MSA as we take you through our adventures and events during our time at Carleton.
What is the MSA?
- We are the Carleton University Muslim Students’ Association (CUMSA).
- We are a group of Muslim students that have come together and formed the largest club on campus!
- Our priorities? To make it easier for you to fulfill your religious obligations as well as providing opportunities for students to learn more about the religion, and to form bonds with their fellow brothers and sisters in Islam through fun trips and events.
- The MSA works with other on-campus clubs, societies, and organizations which share our values towards collaborations to spread awareness of intriguing issues within our society such as poverty, mental health, injustice, racial equalization and sexual discrimination.
- The MSA is a safe and caring place for Muslim students to come together and share their ideas and feel a part of the #FamilyinFaith.
Interested in Becoming a Council Member?
Council members are given opportunities to learn and grow within CU-MSA by leading committees, planning events, managing services, and learning other invaluable skills💫 We show how students utilize the resources and also experience the Islamic lifestyle provided here at the University.
Within the MSA, we have various departments/focuses tailored for you to become a part of and the subgroups itself are a small family of their own. We have various teams: Finance, Multimedia, Marketing, Student Life, Internal, External, Services, and Administration.
For more detailed information, check out our constitution here.
How can you help?
- Whether you’re a General Volunteer OR Council Member, you are WELCOME to attend our Exec and Council meetings in which we discuss ideas, logistics and finances of upcoming services and events for the semester. Good news is that we have monthly exec meetings so if you are unable to attend one, you can always follow up with the monthly council meetings which are MANDATORY for ALL Council Members.
- Due to MSA being one of the largest clubs on campus that tend to work with organizations both on and off campus that share our values, we often need help with fundraising, advertising, marketing, and organizing our events. We always appreciate and recommend new bodies joining us as it brings a fresh face to the mix as well as a different perspective that we can all benefit from.
How to stay in the loop?
- Subscribe to our weekly newsletter that updates you about upcoming events, khateebs, prayer locations, etc.
- Follow us on our various platforms: Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn, and our website.
- Keep an eye out for post-jummah announcements as they do contain important information that may be beneficial for you.
So don’t wait; be a part of this year’s story and let’s fill the chapters together. We are your #FamilyInFaith and we are accepting applications for new and returning members for the 2018-2019 year🙌🙌
Apply now to join our #FamilyInFaith😊
JOIN THE FAMILY!