Are you handy with your digital or mobile camera? Do you have a keen eye for detail or just like taking pictures? The 2016 CUMSA Photography Contest is your chance to showcase your talent!
Submit your original photographs for a chance to win prizes and have your pictures exhibited on the CUMSA Photography Wall during Islam Awareness Week at the University Centre Atrium. The deadline to submit your photos is Thursday, March 10. Voting will take place from March 14 – 17 and winners will be announced on March 18.
2016 contest categories:
- Architecture (buildings, cityscapes, interiors)
- Nature (wildlife, plants, landscape)
- Culture (people, lifestyle, festivities)
We encourage student, faculty, and staff members of the Carleton community to share their photos and visit the exhibit to engage visually with the experiences of others.
Rules & Guidelines
All Carleton University students, faculty, and staff.
All entries must be submitted before or on Thursday, March 10.
- Photographs should creatively display and define the theme of winter spirit.
- Each participant may only submit one photo per category
- The same photo may not be submitted for more than one category.
Participants must submit their photos through the online submission form.
- Participants must agree to the Terms and Conditions outlined in the form. Please read the consent form carefully.
- Participants are responsible for making sure all entries are upload successfully.
- Photos must be original. Plagiarism will be subject to sanctions.
- Photos may be slightly edited as long as the integrity of the image is maintained.
- Contest organizers may make minor alterations to submissions for display purposes (i.e. cropping or resizing).
- A winner from each category will be selected by public vote.
- Voting will take place from March 14 – 17 and winners will be announced on March 18 via
- the CUMSA website and social media.
- Winners will be contacted directly by email.
A winner from each category will receive $50!